August 23, 2018

Mound Cold War Discovery Center opens in Ohio

From Cold War Patriots:

The Mound Cold War Discovery Center, located at 1075 Mound Street in Miamisburg Ohio, a collaboration between Dayton History, the Mound Museum Association, Department of Energy, and Mound Development Corporation, opened with a ribbon cutting ceremony on April 23rd. The Center tells the story of Mound Laboratory, the first nuclear weapons facility to be constructed by the Atomic Energy Commission. The Lab opened in 1948 and was constructed to produce polonium-210 initiators for early atomic bombs. Later Mound functioned as a research, development, and production facility which supported US nuclear weapons and space programs. ... read more

Posted In: WHPP

Category Archive


Monthly Archive